*makes 16 wedges*
5 tbsp butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8-inch round cake pan. Line pan with foil, extending foil over rim; grease foil.
2) In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add sugar and cook, stirring, until well blended, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in oats and salt until evenly mixed.
3) Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan; with metal spatula, firmly pat down mixture.
4) Bake until golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
5) Lift foil, with round, out of pan; peel foil away from sides. While still warm, cut round into 16 wedges. Transfer foil with flapjacks to wire rack to cool completely.