"MARBLING BROWNIE BATTER: To produce a marbled effect with two different-colored batters, pull and swirl a kitchen knife through the batters."
Almond Cheesecake Brownies
*makes 24 brownies*
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz cold cream cheese
3/4 tsp almond extract
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13" by 9" baking pan. In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
2) In heavy 4-quart saucepan, melt butter and unsweetened and semisweet chocolates over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat. With wooden spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir in 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
3) In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in remaining 1 egg, almond extract, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until blended.
4) Spread 1 1/2 cups chocolate batter in prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in 6 large dollops on top of chocolate mixture. Spoon remaining chocolate batter over and between cream cheese in 6 large dollops. With tip of knife, cut and twist through mixtures to create marbled effect.
5) Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
6) When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.
If you want to print this recipe out, go here to its link on the Good Housekeeping site.