*makes 12 muffins*
generous 3/4 cup self-rising white flour
2/3 cup stone-ground whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 oz (50 g) mixture of poppy, sesame, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds
2/3 cup raisins
generous 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
scant 1/2 cup sunflower oil
2/3 cup skim milk
extra seeds, for dusting
1) Heat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
2) Sift the self-rising flour into a large bowl. Add the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, all the seeds, raisins, and sugar.
3) Mix together the oil, egg, and milk, and pour into the dry ingredients in the bowl. Stir together with a large spoon until just combined.
4) Spoon equally into the paper muffin liners and sprinkle with a fine dusting of your chosen seeds.
5) Bake for 15 minutes, or until the muffins are well risen, firm, and springy to the touch. Serve warm.
Recipe from 100 Magnificent Muffins & Scones by Felicity Barnum-Bobb